Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Off To Turkey and Other Things

Ok, So after the whole mugging, I have still decided to stay past June. Kendra and I have been frantically trying to figure out permanencias so we can stay here legally but I am not sure if that is going to happen. In that case, we may just go to Turkey this weekend so we can see about getting our visas re stamped and allowing us to stay longer that way. Even not it would still be great to go to Turkey.

Aside from that we are planning on moving in to a new place because we have to be out of the place we are now by the end of the month because our roomates girlfriend is moving in with 3 other people. If we didnt move that would mean that the room kendra and I share with Junior, the Argentinian, would be 6 people all on the floor. So we started looking...we found one and I will let you know if we get it tomorrow, which I think we will near the beach, only a one floor walk up with two italian waiters. We are out half a months rent but the stress of moving I think is easier solved doing it this way. I think if we do get this place I cannot imagine the things that will change for us over the next month. For one thing, we are right next to the beach !!

Work has been going very well. I have had lots of substitutions and a lot of my students are helping me find more work once these companies classes have ended.

So for now... things are great and by thursday I could be moving out of our 5th floor walk up in Clot, to a 1 floor walk up, with two italians and a beach next door.

1 comment:

April B said...

Kiels--I miss you! So sorry you got mugged...sucks, but you are handling it the way you do, amazing spirit. Love that!