Friday, April 25, 2008

Roses are Coming up everywhere

April 23. San Jordi. The day when Shakespeare Died and Cervantes Died. This day in Spain was a day when the lady gets a rose from her lover and the woman gives a book to her man. The streets look like Midtown manhattan but more people. If you can believe it. For me it was a dream. I was smacked in the face with more flowers than valentines day and anniversaries combined on my bus ride home from work but my student gave me a rose for being late so I hate to say I was part of that crowd. The lines of people waiting to buy books and meet the authors was any literary enthusiasts dream. They love literature here they love love. It was incredible and If I can get pictures up I will. If not I will show them to you all by the campfire.

Ciao

No comments: