Monday, June 16, 2008

No puedo describirlo

Ok, it has been way too long for this. But here it is in a nutshell. Im illegal and have been for two weeks and I dont know for how long I want to stay. My work is going very well and my classes are almost finishing. Im sad to leave some of my students. It was even sad to say goodbye to my taxi driver this morning who would no longer take me too and from UPS and HONDA on Mondays.

But Barcelona overall is terrific, more so than it has been. I love living close to the beach, getting bloody marys on sundays, and looking forward to Summer Case, a festival of delicious music in the parc...

Yet, here is how I can sum up what it may be like for me on some days here. I was in a club the other week waiting in line to use the bathroom when I met a gay man I quickly befriended. He told me of his wedding that Monday and once we found out he had been in the wrong line we laughed and parted ways with an exchange of numbers.
The next week I bumped into a lost love of Kendra´s in the stairwell of our new apt. We hadnt seen him in 3 months and here he was! We ran into him four days in a row after that and on the fourth met him and his friends for a pasta dinner on the fourth floor of where we live now. So ok, here is the connect. As Im walking out of my apt the other night I run into one of the guys we had been eating dinner with that night upstairs and he asked if I knew his roomate who was the gay man I met in line to use the bathroom. !!!!
It is like this consistently here. Everyday I meet someone who knows someone random or who I bump into . I am mario in a video game reliving the levels that change or that Im getting better at beating.

No comments: